About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lucky #6


He ended up winning First!!!
Lycius Two, aka Lazarus....aka my baby!
Race was at Calder on July 6th, 2003
He was only 2 yrs old.


His last race was 5/19/08, I met him in June of 2008 and officially rescued him in November of 2008 when he was the only horse I would ride/think about after June.
I had then, no idea, how fresh off the track he was.
I just knew he was kind and awesome.

What fun to find a piece of his history....now I'm on the hunt for a Foal picture. 

8 comments:

  1. What fabulous ephermera! I for one would love to see a baby picture of Laz!! You must post one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you got to see this!!! Laz is just the best! So great. I think it said that he won 7 times! He is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont have a baby pic but I'm on the hunt..I've been stalking for one for a while now. I hope I can find one, but we'll see.
    Juliette-thanks for the tutorial, I wouldn't have found it without your help! It's such a mystery part of my boy, his racing, to me. He seems so different on the track than he does when he's cuddly sweet. I know he has a competitive side and I think he has the biggest heart, so it's just used differently know. :)
    I am humbled to see how much he's changed in the time with me, and the willingness to learn a whole new way of life. He rocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it the best to see your boy racing-and winning? :) Really fun to watch that-hope you find his behbeh picture:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woooohoooo, go, Laz!!!
    And, hey, Calder race course is fairly close to me! I recently found an organization similar to CANTER called TRAC that adopts out OTTBs from Calder and Gulfstream.
    Good luck on the hunt for the Laz baby pic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so incredibly awesome that you get to see your baby boy win a race. Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love watching my monster's old race videos! I almost died when I found them. Everyone at my barn got a kick out of seeing him race, especially since he is the calmest horse in the barn. It's awsome researching their history. My heart sank when I read that after my horse's last race he had to be taken off the track in a trailer because he couldn't make it by himself. He finished 2nd in that race.
    I hope that you find baby pictures of your boy! I got two win pictures from one of my pony's trainers and I LOVE them. I think i might die if I ever had pictures of him as a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure if you care or not, but you can probably get a picture from when he was in the winner circle. I got Gen's by just e-mailing the track photographers (it was listed on the track's website) and asking if they still had it...and Gen's win photo was from 1995 and I asked for it in 2009 so I bet that you can still get Laz's if you want it.

    ReplyDelete