About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekend relaxation part 1

What can I say?
Saturday was just beautiful!!! Blue, sunny skies and warm spring like weather all day! I groomed Laz and busted out the beloved showsheen and got that boy shining! Well, when I say shining, I really mean, I got the dirt off. lol!
I took crazy Mason into the arena for some 'schooling'


After playing with Mason, I grabbed some of the snow and created a snow ball for Laz to nibble on. It was WARM on Saturday, with no wind and tons of sun!
Laz loved it
Old man Mason, who turns 7 in May, gets instantly sleepy in the car and takes the full hour it takes to get home for nap time. He is one special dog... to us, the greatest Lab ever. I'm sure many of you have one of those too. :)
Then, later that day, I took my Husband to see "The Horse Boy" which was showing one day only at the Detroit Institute of Arts. I know some of you have seen this touching movie about a dedicated father and mother, trying to find help for their young autistic son. It was a beautiful, heartfelt documentary. Rent it, see it, it's beautiful.
The beautiful DIA
Inside the theatre, it was our first time there and WOW is it gorgeous!
This was the ceiling and framing around the screen

Very cool and equine filled day! I am hoping the sun is reaching all of you and your horse's muzzles!

3 comments:

  1. I am glad that you got to go out when it is warm. I thik the weather will be picking up some more sunshine soon. My boy was sun bathing all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laz looks good! How is he feeling?! I hope okay!! Glad you and your hubby got out and about. I've read stories about "The Horse Boy" I bet it was a great movie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laz looks wonderful. I'm glad you got some schooling in with Mason too!

    ReplyDelete