So the rules are: Tell 7 things about yourself and to give this award to 15 other blogs/bloggers.
So, here we go:
1. I I am Greek, 100%, my Mom was born in Athens, Greece and my Dad was born in Detroit, Michigan to his Greek parents straight off the boat. My friends tell me my Mom has an accent, but I don’t hear it. Both my Parents are daily inspiration to me as to what kind of people I aspire to be in life, work and play. I am lucky.
2. My husband and I were set up an a blind date by two different people that didn’t know each other. Fate, yes. I fought it for a long time but when I finally met him, he made me exhale all the nervous demons out. He makes me crack up daily and offers tremendous support in all I do and I try to do the same as well. He is tall and handsome and has the kindest eyes and the best zinger one liners.
3. I I am my own version of a Vegan. I don’t eat meat, dairy or eggs, but I die over seafood and eat that enough that it could be a problem for the ocean’s eco system. I do occasionally cheat if I have an odd craving for meat but it tastes like death usually and I stop after one bite. I’m lactose intolerant, so there you go. I’ve been a Kristen Vegan for almost a year and love it. It opens the door to so many different forms of cuisine and I’ve notice most of the world eats similar to this. And, I love salt and French fries and olives and eggplant sandwiches and Greek style Okra. Yum.
4. When I’m nervous, I literally shake. My legs, my back and my teeth chatter. It’s not cute especially when in the past trying to do horse shows. I shake on plane rides but it doesn’t stop me from flying. I shake when I get bad news. It’s anxiety but I have learned to deal with it and can usually stop it within a few minutes. Sometimes I struggle with it in the saddle which is the worst because if my horse couldn’t tell from my elevated heart rate, he certainly can tell from the shaking stirrups. Lol!
5. I I am a klutz. I danced for years and still fall, trip, walk into walls, bump my head on my car door getting out, stumble up stairs, fall in my high heels and bite my cheeks all the time.
6. I I got accepted into the Art Institute of Chicago. I didn’t attend college there ( I went to Central Michigan U) but I wanted to see IF I could get accepted for vanity’s sake. It was the scariest and happiest day of my life. You arrive with your art portfolio in the am, drop it off with the judges, tour the facility, fall in love with the school and come back to hear the panel’s thoughts on your artwork. There were many crying teens and I felt guilty that I got accepted knowing that I wasn’t going to go. Oops.
7. I I am dying to compete in the Amazing Race. I will eat anything, do anything minus the height/flying/bungee jumping crazy stuff, or drive over a bridge, I don’t like tall bridges when I’m driving. That is where my sweet Husband would have to take over. I think we could win and it looks like a total blast to be able to travel on someone else’s dime and immerse yourself in that culture for 24 hrs.