About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Monday, January 18, 2010

Massage time

Mason patiently waits an hour in the car to head to the farm, his beloved place. He literally starts whining with excitement when I put on my 70 layers of horse smelly clothes, anticipating that he is coming with!
How can I say "no" now, so basically he's been coming out with me since October!?

So, I was reminded by a fellow bloggy friend, Frizzle, about equine holistic massage therapy and stretching.
I asked the BO, "C" about it and of course, she knew everything about it. What knowledge! She stretched his tail, we did belly lifts (he wasn't 100% in love with those) and I try to always do the carrot pilates weekly. C also stretched his shoulder by pulling his legs and it was SO amazing to see how Laz totally responded to it and LOVED it!

Here, I am doing the neck stretching that "C" taught me and he just dropped his head sooooo low and lovely and siiiggghed!
Kisses are a part of my therapy!
Here are just some cheezy photos that I asked "C" to take! I don't have enough of Laz and I...well, I can never have enough! :)
Please dont judge the outfit or no makeup!
Look at his eyes, he was soooo happy and relaxed. Licking and sighing, it was a great release!
"I need a pillow"

Laz says "thanks Aunt C and Frizzle for the reminder to my Mom that I like massages!"

4 comments:

  1. Who cares about outfits and makeup when there are horses! Love the pics and glad the massage was fun for all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos of Laz getting all snuggly with you. He is such a lovebug. Keep up the massages and kisses. Both are sure to put him right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaawww, I am so glad that it made Laz happy! It certainly is wonderful bonding time with them, isn't it? And the bonus is that it will help Laz keep his condition, so getting him back in shape once he's under saddle again won't take quite as long. Bonus!
    Salem looooves most of the exercises and stretches, but he HATES belly lifts and butt tucks, lol.
    I love the pics with Laz's sleepy relxed eyes -- too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hullo there! Cute Horse, your Laz boy~
    Thanks for stoppin' by my place and commenting...will have to return and catch up with you.
    KK

    ReplyDelete