About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Sunday, January 17, 2010

"Can I JUST be a horse!?"

I have to say, I think, Lazarus is being patient in his healing. For the most part, he relaxes, eats and drinks and maintains a good attitude. This video is from last week, when I arrived at the barn and it was just tender. Those moments where literally I felt my heart swell, like those days where you ride and you feel really connected and communicating perfectly. I HAD to pull out my phone to record it. Laz being sick has taught me to really cherish the time I do have with him, and I'm eager to have it thru photos/videos as well. After a quick tape, I put my camera away and just enjoyed it between he and I.


This video is from yesterday. I spent a good hour + chipping at the 3" ice layer that revealed soft sand underneath. We've had a couple of decent weather days and I really wanted to get his paddock back to level so when it does freeze up, he won't have to maneuver around holes, divets and hilly sections. C & J added two more tractor shovels of fresh sand just for his comfort as well. Not to mention, re-adjusted his stall door and opening so he won't bump his feet when going in and out of his stall. How lucky are we!?

You can see Lazarus was quite happy with his new sandy paddock and for a few minutes, reminded us that he just wants to be a horse!! :)
Also, this is the first time I've seen him roll onto his right side which is a huge sign of improvement in my eyes!


**YOU MAY HAVE TO HIT REFRESH AT TOP OF BLOG, TO SEE THE CORRECT VIDEO OF LAZ ROLLING AND BUCKING ABOVE..I HAD PUT IN WRONG VIDEO AT FIRST..SORRY & OOPS!

2 comments:

  1. Awww...I love both videos! And that sand looks so soft that I want to roll in it too :P It looks like he is feeling better if he is able to do those cute mini bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristen,
    I'm new and have been reading and catching up - it's certainly been a tough road with Laz. I'm impressed that he's doing so well (since I just started reading the colic and Lamitis just happened! ahhh!).

    Looking forward to keeping up with you both and thanks for coming over and following!

    ReplyDelete