About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Good thoughts!

Tomorrow is a big day for us.
The vet and farrier come out in the morning to take xrays (before shoe removal and after). I head out there to meet with the vet at 5 pm (and C & J the barn owners) to review what the xrays tell us, and then back to the barn for the farrier to put on another round of his special 'couture' shoes.
I (we) are hoping for stabilization or improvement....and for no signs of new or further rotation. Lazarus just deserves to get better and live a life pain free. It would also be a HUGE bonus if I could ride him again in the future! One year is just not enough, I felt we were just making huge strides in our partnership of riding.
So, that being said...this is for our good luck tomorrow-it's Lazarus's shoe in fact that I keep in my office for high hopes! I'll post soon after we get him comfortable again! It's so hard to focus on work during days like this, but in order to keep him (aka pay the vet bills) I need to!
Sweet Laz keeps fighting and seems to be emotionally fine!

Here is my beautiful boy, this past spring feeling good and looking spirited!
This is our goal.

4 comments:

  1. Sending good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping for good news today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed for you! He's so beautiful, I hope you get this all resolved.

    ReplyDelete