About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Chill time

Literally..it's CHILLY!!!
No brown wooly caterpillars this year, that is for sure. 
That means, we will have a cold, snowy, windy winter.
Here's what Laz has been up to.  Being a horse, with his horse peeps. 
They are in fraternity "No Worka Mega"

Saturday I did opt to leg boot him and take him for a bit of a walk. He's walking 24/7 as is so I figured it wouldn't hurt him any. We literally walked .05 mile so it's like zilch.
He's weighting his leg with the sprained tendon, as you can see, but it's still 'off''
I haven't trotted him, nor will I until I feel it's OK to. I haven't seen him trot off on his own, but I'm only there a few hours a day...
It still seems to hurt him a bit, as I can tell he's just weighting that foot differently and is a bit more 'shifty' with it.  We've been cold hosing, and slatering/rubbing with Surpass
Hopefully time will heal
As we move into this cold, wet weather; he's got TIME! ;)
Hurricane Sandy brought us some 35+ gusts of wind with constant 27 mph winds, sleet, rain, snow, sleet some more. 
It's the kind of day where you just want to;
Our re-exam is Thursday for Laz's leg.
Each of my fur kids is testing us right now. Laz with his tendon, Mason had a trip to the ER vet with a sore tummy (at age 9.5 we don't mess around and wait) and Pudgie pooped in the house, ate it, and then puked it on my duvet.
Yea. Can't make this fun up.
Full moon, wasn't it? 

8 comments:

  1. I remember the fuzzy caterpillars from last year! I have seen two this year and I kind of got my hopes up for another mild winter. No such luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww yeah I have seen a few fuzzles as I call them. Not too many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grayson wants to know if he can join No Worka Mega? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed your last post about the suspensory strain. =-( Hope Laz heals soon! Also please don't talk about a cold winter... last year was fine by me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fingers crossed for all your fuzzy family members!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I think your kids are saying.... Happy Halloween mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure that Laz is healing up just fine. Stay warm and dry and puke-free. Icky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen ONE of those darn fuzzles ;) but last year, they were practically falling off trees onto my hair.

    ReplyDelete