About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Saturday, October 13, 2012

In memory of Enzo

A couple of years ago, I randomly met this sweet pretty girl, J9, at a laminitis seminar.
A quick friendship took off as we discussed our babies; our horses and our current attempts to train them, keep them safe, happy and sound
I got to meet her boy Enzo, a young Friesian that she was developing into such a sweet gentleman.
In their up's and down's of training, she stuck with him and quickly had him becoming quite an awesome horse.
This past week, she lost her lovely black Enzo, suddenly, at way too young of an age from a genetic aortic rupture.
How quick they can be taken from us.  
Thankfully he died quickly, peacefully and with no pain.

I know first hand, how deeply she loved her horse and how completely dedicated she was to him.

Please go to her blog and leave words of healing...

Enzo, may you gallop on in heaven, sweet boy.

I'm so devastated for my friend...I know she's hurting and I can't imagine the pain.
She is the kind of horse woman that should have her horses until their late late 30's, with the impeccable care she provides.  
It's unfair and sad.
I hope she knows, she has Enzo and Palidor watching over her with love as she heals from this.

1 comment:

  1. Awh, your kind words are beyond amazing Kristen. Thanks so very much. xoxxo

    ReplyDelete