About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Slow, easy and chill

Slow, easy and chill has been our work ethic lately, at least at the barn. In my work life, the total opposite is true. Crazy, hectic, busy, etc is my daily life leaving me so stressed out and with little pony play time. Ah well...
Our foggy misty weather. I'm not hating the 40-50 degree days in December, but not sure the ponies agree. 
They are shaggy and wanting cooler weather
 Fatty Laz has been doing a LOT of this...
 He is always caked in mud when I get there. ALWAYS
 We've been still doing either ground work or riding
 I even had one day with a little extra time to play with Red, the little chestnut OTTB.
He's suuuuper smart and a very very quick learner. He's fun

Bareback hack down the road a few times. 
Laz has been comfie barefoot so we are able to do trot work and canter down the road.
His hip/back/pelivs? is not quite 100% and I've been getting him adjusted by his Chiro along with some acupuncture to try and help get him more and more sound.  
But he's been doing SO well and no more tendon issues (swelling/etc)
He was trimmed last week and we opted to not cast this round to see where it leaves him. 
I need to do updated hoof pictures! 
He has been landing so much better on his fronts, heel first! YAY!
 Eating a Christmas tree-yum yum!
 This barn and stone wall just calls to me for photos!!!
 On our alone bareback hacks we still play 'trail pony' and I do a lot of desensitizing and exposure of what I can, when I can. Laz is great. We worked on some canter sessions and he was chill with no playful antics of wanting to buck. I also had pre readjusted his bitless just in case that was causing some discomfort.
 When decorating our Christmas tree, I pulled this ornament that has a baby Mason swimming in Lake Charlevoix, awwwwwwww
9.5 yrs later...angel boy.
Wishing everyone a VERY happy holiday season with zero stress (if possible) and healthy animals!

7 comments:

  1. *throws heel-first-landing confetti*

    Yahoo!! Always a cause for celebration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, the ornament of Mason is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo freakin cute!!! Happy Holidays!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you too! Love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great news about Laz's hoof progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Mason's ornament--how cute. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happiest Holidays to you and everyone there! Love the relaxed riding time and rolling in the mud times for the big sweet boy. And, oh, the Mason baby photo is too much! Labradorable puppy. Just like my Jetty girl from years gone by! Love from us here!

    ReplyDelete