About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Adjusting

 On our way out of town for a few days, we were able to stop by the barn to check in on Laz to/from.
He's doing well, I wonder if he was able to say his own quiet 'good bye' in the night when Justin was laid to sleep nearby before he was picked up the next day.  
It was a quiet, still, starry and clear night, so I hope so...

Christmas morning, the barn owner sent me these two images;

"Prancer"
It was exactly what I needed. A smile and a laugh.
The horses were fed peppermints and each got a Guinness in their grain at night.
Camel lips, hmmm seems someone smelled a candy cane!

On Christmas Day, I was so grateful to be able to stop mid day for some Christmas hugs
and kisses

 Lots of both.
We both needed them

Laz got a new saddle pad from BOT which I thought would be great for winter riding.
Black licorice which has become his new favorite thanks to E introducing it to him ;) and a Blue Ribbon from OTTB Designs. I think Laz deserves a blue ribbon for just being his awesome self and my wonderpony
 Today, I went out early in the morning and put on his winter blanket. We are supposed to have 25 mph winds and 4-6" of snow so I thought he could use the extra protection despite his thick coat.
The herd has seemed to actually come together a bit closer, sensing they lost an important one.
If weather cooperates I hope to get Laz out for a change of pace mentally and physically.
 And of course Mason channeled his inner wolf and enjoyed his barn romp with having a three day hiatus 
Thanks for the kind comments on my last post. 
It helps so much to vent on my blog and to read words of encouragement.
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Val loves his Back on Track pad. :D What's the story on Laz' lovely blue ribbon? Mason looks simply supernatural in that last photo - holy cow.

    Best wishes for a happy, healthy New Year to your family!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great, it was something my friend at OTTBdesigns.com had the ribbons. It was for a charity donation and you got to buy a BLUE for a 'deserving' OTTB, namely your own!

      Delete
  2. Love the photos and still feeling your pain. It will take time, but you two will get through it together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! Of course Laz deserves a blue!
    Hope everyone is healing from the loss. Was there myself last year when we had to put our Rottie down 12/23 unexpectedly. Sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that first picture of "Prancer". You and your barn mates are still in my thoughts these days.

    ReplyDelete