About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ride #...who cares?! I'm riding!!!!!!


Will I ever get a good photo of Mason and Laz together? LOL! Soon..I feel it.
Today, we were alone out at the farm, which was fine....quiet and serene.
Laz and I did our arena work and again, OTTB BOREDOM kicked in when Laz kept grabbing a construction cone from one of the obstacles, every time we passed it and threw it.  
So, I took him out on the front lawn again, we walked around the garden side eying up the yummy vegs, walked a couple of tiny hills in the front, up and down, and then I jogged beside him while he channelled his inner race track stud mode.  
He was funny! 
He arched his neck and picked up a crappy trot and snaked his head side to side and I kept running beside him just saying "gooood boy" so he knew it was ok to snark out and play for a minute.  We did that for a while, then he started getting a little bold and bratty so we took it back down to easy walking, grazing, walking and chill mode.
Did I mention I hear things pop and crack when he trots....ugh...I hope it's fixable!

Then, I hopped on and he was a total gentleman again.
I rode from arena, around around, to round pen, to a little of the lawn area and dismounted.  Remounted with camera, took some shots, rode another few minutes and done.
But let's discuss this photo!
A. Look at that FAB mane..so pretty
B. How long have I waited for a photo of in between his ears!?! FOREVER and a day!
C. Love love love the way his cocked ear is like "soooo (sigh) what's next?"
I mean..seriously handsome boy, black tipped ears, with that shiny THICK black mane and curious look. 
 I swear Laz smiles.  He acted happy to be ridden today and even twice wanted to trot with me, so I allowed it for about 4 beats and then had him easy up back to a walk.  
In time Bubba.  
This is the turtle's race we are in, happily!

I just had to post this...due to spreading some miracle horse poop around, look at my Hydrangeas!!!!!!
The colors are like easter candy!!
This is one of my favorite flowers and all our neighbors have been swooooning over them. 
Little do they know my secret is CRAP!


And dinner fresh from the garden. 
Balsamic glazed radishes with basil and parsley, lettuce, broccoli, spring onion, toss in some canned chickpeas and done. 
So fresh and good!

13 comments:

  1. Happy Laz - cute pics! Dinner looks mighty good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Laz ears photos and Mason in it too! Your hydrangeas are amazing! And your garden dinner looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good. The hydrangeas look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm...that salad looks divine! I love garden fresh veggies - I don't know if it's just me, but they always taste so much better.

    Your "Craptastic" Hydrangeas are so gorgeous ;). I love the variety of colors in them, I don't know that I've ever seen that....hmmm..it makes me want one, and I've got plenty of crap too, errr...well, you know what I mean...lol.

    Laz has QUITE the mane goin' on...are you going to tame it to one side, or just let it rock n' roll? CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to see the pics of Laz's ears!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. JJ-I dont want to thin it out and I'm not sure I could tame it..it's so unruly at this length. Some days I'm so tempted to roach it! One day, I will! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love his ears! One day he will be doing trotting and galloping sets! You are totally right, a turtles race...you will win ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like it was a fine day. The hydrangeas are awesome. I sure can't get them to grow here, horse poo and all. I get follage but no blooms. Thinking maybe I need more light. I am so jealous of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am amazed by that mane! My Lilly has such a thin and wispy mane and forelock that when I see a mane like Laz's I get all excited. Do you braid it and tie it up with ribbons? Or maybe boy horses do not allow such a thing!! It is surely magnificent. I must also tell you that those hydrangeas are in my top five of flowers that I love. Aren't they totally wonderful?? Yes, they are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome pictures! Don't worry too much about the snap crackle pop...I think it's pretty standard for TBs that have raced a few years:) Miles certainly had that last winter, though I've not noticed it now that he's on Glucosamine and MSN. Laz looks Great!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lilly's Mom-Oh ribbons....maybe!!!!!! :) He is not too manly for that, Laz is in touch w/ his fem side! for sure.
    Miles Mom-his snaps, cracks are def not normal..it's loud and seemingly from his stance that he adopted during laminitis. Ugh, poor boy. I had Laz on ProMotion EQ which was great, but due to lam, he's off everything for a while.

    ReplyDelete