About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Different day, different horse

Isn't it amazing with horses, that one day something SCARES them, and the next, the same thing is not an issue at all?
Silly flighty animals! :)
So Lazarus was back to being a wonderPony and even though it was just as windy today, he was hardly spooky.
He spooked a couple times during our hand walk, and then I hopped on feeling good about a ride.  He spooked slightly a couple times but totally re-thought about it and figured we were safe.
No spook-bolts today! Hooooorah!
This is us riding right before I dropped my phone camera. oops.
I did record us working but all I got was 3 minutes of beautiful blue sky..I had it propped at too high of an angle. Damn.
I'll keep practicing because I love a good video!!

Go team Laz!
Look at my muscley handsome brut!
He has even developed a sweet Labrador mouth when taking carrot treats thru our obstacles, lol!

"What's that Mom? You think I'm beeeautiful?"

Happy, relaxed pony after his mini poll and body massage
"siiiiiigh, I work soooo hard"

Is this not the funniest, coolest thing ever! 
I saw it on one of my blogs that I subscribe to and would LOVE to do this to my helmet!!!!!!
I love a mohawk...don't know why, but I think they are super cool!
I would pay good money to see someone show in this!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. LOL!!! That helmet is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm if you get one let me know!! That is awesome. Talk about distracting your competition. I always wanted a mohawk in real life, but I'm thinking this could be a great substitute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tongue hanging out is so funny! I can never get the picture at the moment my horse has her tongue poking out. But so funny!
    And hey--I would wear a helmet like that every time I rode! It';s too funny! what if we passed someone? They'd say: That cowgirl is NUTS!

    ReplyDelete