About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Monday, September 22, 2014

Weekend play time

This is what 8 am looks like. 
Two puppies breathing on us to remind us "FEED US!!!!" in a sweet manner
We fed the pups and decided to enjoy the nice Fall day and get outside
We headed downtown Detroit (we live about 20 minutes north of downtown) to this great coffee shop
for a gooey bar, almond croissant, a lavender latte and a regular coffee
 Billy boy has himself a sweeeet tooth!
 The ambiance is fantastic at that coffee shop. Downtown Detroit has a very cool revival and we try to support it as much as we can. Coming from living in Chicago (Suburbs), Detroit was built backwards in my opinion with lack of public transit, and not embracing a water view with international access/view BUT there are fantastic things happening to this humble city, and we choose to support it.
After our caffeine surge, we headed to one of the US's largest farmers market, Eastern Market
There are several large sheds and hundreds of vendors with local produce, cheeses, meats, etc
It's fantastic
 After our Detroit fun day, it was time to drive north an hour to see the pony
Double snuggle with Laz & Pito
They were both convinced I had treats in my belly...uh no
It was SO nice and I'm super sad about not trail riding (I've just decided to pasture hacks for during pregnancy) that I wanted to still enjoy the weather, my horse and the trail.
So....we all hoofed it.
I put Laz's padded slipper boot on his RH just to be extra careful and we were off

 Cutting through the sweet neighbor's pasture to our trail system of heaven
 Laz was funny. He was snorty and prancing for a bit, clearly excited to be out.
He hasn't been on the trail since we rode it alone in April (le sigh)
 It was a good decision to hand walk him, he was definitely not 100% confident and chill and I can't blame him. Lack of constant exposure leads to that but he was great via in halter. He is a pony that does best with repetition so I just set us up for success
 SNORT!
 About one minute after this photo we came  head to head with a cyclist on the narrow path and Laz jumped backwards about 15 feet. Poor guy was just so startled! He almost sat on Billy who was walking behind
The cyclist was super cool and stopped and allowed us to pass by slowly. I'm not sure I would have sat that spook or not if I were in saddle? Maybe...big maybe. Or maybe I would have eaten dirt over his left shoulder. 
 It was a super fun walk, we covered 4 miles and enjoyed the gorgeous trails. I hope to do it again soon
  After we returned home, we enjoyed rustic homemade sourdough toast with fresh MI mozzarella and heirloom grape and currant tomatoes
Pretty much a perfect Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. What a perfect day!

    And let me be the probably umpteenth person to remark how amazing you look pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun and yes great pregnant pics too!!

    ReplyDelete