About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Friday, September 14, 2012

A year!

A year! 
It's officially been 1 year since we moved to this little piece of heaven in Milford.
I'm so glad we moved, it's been a mental healing for us both.
It's a very peaceful place and Laz is a happy camper (no welts/hives this summer!)
Relaxing after some field ground work=tired pony
Getting photos like this from the BO of the boys playing...sigh
Clearly, he's feeling good and comfortable
 Allow me to zoom on this tiny dancer ...
FANCEEEEE
Be still my heart...
Ok, so Laz, I'm going to envision THIS when we ride next!
No excuses!

 No doubt, he is happiest to roam 24/7
No doubt, I'm happiest pulling up and seeing my OTTB like this;

 Hitting up the local farmer's stand on my way home
Win/Win-supporting local MI farmers and eating fresh
It's a BOUNTY right now

and I took hoof pictures the day after Laz's latest trim;

CLUB-RF
 
 CLUB SOLE-RF

LF
-need to treat crack in frog for thrush
 LF (see that old injury scar from an over reach-ouchers)
 LF SOLE
Fronts
 HINDS
 RH-HOOF CAST #3
 LH
 CURRENTLY, MY FAVORITE HOOF ON LAZ
This hoof originally rotated but just came back on it's own, barefoot, so nicely.
I really think once we get the infection/seedy toe/thrush under control while encouraging new growth support on the RH, it will soon look like his LH

12 comments:

  1. NICE looking tootsies! What a great job you're doing with his diet and everything to produce such a great hoof! Ow owww!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omigosh, I try. If I had my druthers I would make tracks, add a varied terrain, and possibly keep him a bit more off grass BUT..it's not my land and this is as good as it gets :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, Laz can MOVE!

    And that left hind IS bea-u-tiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks, it's my favorite hoof and boy do I owe it BIG TIME for helping him through all of this.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous Laz - happy and healthy and looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's looking happy out there in the paddock. It's amazing how good feed management and hoof care can be seen in hoof growth. Nice big trot, Laz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a trot! That must be a wonderful feeling, to know that he is comfy enough to move out like that. Laz is making his come back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot you lived so close to me :). Milford is an adorable little town. I was just there two weekends ago visiting a friend (just down M59 from my house).

    Looks like a beautiful farm for a beautiful horse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't live in Milford, Laz does ;) But I'm in Royal Oak so still close by !

      Delete