About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Monday, July 16, 2012

Playing barn owner

Bad news is Vet called and cancelled on me last minute on Saturday.
He had some emegency but I'll still waiting to for my reschedule appointment. I was so disapointed. I really hate last minute cancellations.  
Good news, I am doing 'two a days' at the barn, feeding and checking on the ponies while the BO's are on family vacation.
LOVE it.
Calling the boys in for dinner off pasture time
It's been SO dry, we need rain badly so help with grass growth
Dusty face 
And Pito below, I'm developing a major crush on this manly OTTB
He is puppy sweet, but will be returning back to his show barn soon to be back in his leaser's riding schedule. 
I lurve him. I want him to stay. 
 Night time hay feeding for the chubsters
Laz and Justin are pulled apart from Pito and Red (Red is back and poor thing is SKINNNNY) for night time since they need to eat less at this point
They are not overly thrilled with their 1st cutting grass hay
 And during the 'graining' someone decided to freak out the herd and Laz did god only knows what and bashed both his knees and ankle as the four of them went RUNNING snorting and tail flagging. Thankfully only surface wounds and no swelling (double checked this morning)
Sheesh!
I *think* he stumbled?? No clue. 
\No biggie just surface wounds but I can do without the heart attack

Such a peaceful place
I could stand for hours staring...
 Mason after helping me with the morning feeding..
zzzzzzz oh puppy
 And on fly duty later that night while I was reading in bed.
He caught it!
Not bad for a 9 yr old
Such human eyes on this pup!

Day #2
Laz shows me that I'll have another sleepless night worrying that he'll decapitate himself trying to reach greenery.
I pulled both Laz and Justin again from Pito and Red
How cute is this?!
Laz seems to really care for 'his' herd
Sweet boo boo

Sweet boo boo needs to start up with some exercising again before he bursts from fatness
18 days off and oppressive heat currently is not great for the start up but we'll do it slowly

I ended up doing a slight trim on him the other day which I'm happy to say, had him moving better immediately. LOVE that feeling!
 OTTB's Pito and Red eating their richer hay and feed
 Fatties eating their less rich hay and I threw in some fun grass bunches that they ate Lady and the Tramp style
 These two seriously LOVE LOVE each other.
Do you see how cute Justin's black tipped ears are? He's adorable
 Quite a handsome boy. 
I approve of their relationship 
 Rain-please!!! 
I'm happy to see a nice herd of four now. 
It's been a very easy transition for all horses and they are all  respectful to each other

7 comments:

  1. Awhhh, everybody looks soooooo happy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure why your blog gets me so emotional! I read quite a few but Laz has quite an effect on me. So when I saw that the vet cancelled, I felt as if my own darn vet had cancelled. Hope you get a new appt soon.

    Everyone is so interesting looking at that place! And I agree, it looks beautiful.

    Come on, RAIN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get your appt. with the vet soon.
      I know what you mean--sleepless nights worrying about the horses. I do that from time to time too. And it's so hard when they aren't right outside my door so I can't go out for a midnight check up on the gang.
      Got my fingers crossed for rain!

      Delete
  3. So lucky playing barn owner...I wish I live with my boys too. Laz is so sweet with his friends. He is a happy boy.

    My Pie is a fatty and I have to s-l-o-w-l-y get him back into shape. Not too easy with two other boys begging for a ride at every turn!

    Love the photos - amazing sky looking like fire and yes, please rain. We got a few drops yesterday and one muddy pony, Foggy, but not real rain. Last year here...we complained about too much rain and now, the opposite. We are never happy!

    I am soooo happy with my new app thanks to you! I will have to email to learn how to upload the images onto blog correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it .. playing barn owner :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to love playing barn owner before I had my own horse. I would pretend that the farm was mine complete with five horses. It was a lot of work, but heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My fatty bumble-atty has had a vacation from work too. We'll have to take it slow returning to w-o-r-k.

    Ha - it's all fun and games being the barn owner - until the well pump freezes and the horses are thirsty... or it's time to stack hay. I can see the good on both sides of that equation! :)

    ReplyDelete