About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Friday, July 13, 2012

Back Home

I'm back!
My sister got married in hand's down the best wedding event ever!
Couldn't of have been better...
I mean..LOOK at the sweet, true, love and beauty of these two
Just a perfect wedding with a fun party vibe all set in the East Coast of South Africa.
Not.Too.Shabby.

Then we had a week of traveling, safari, horse riding, wine tasting, etc etc. My FB is filled with images too.
Family at the Indian Ocean
 My Hubbie and I
One of my favorite wine vineyards (like I didn't want to leave-ever) 
Check them out; Babylonstoren
I could talk for ages about them. 
The perfect blend of nature & design & food & garden & wine.
The Western Coast, by Cape Town
Isn't it annoying when there's always a gorgeous giraffe blocking your way?!
I mean, seriously...
South Africa is crazy amazing. I'm lucky to have my Sister and now my NEW brother in Law live there, so I can visit!

Returning home to the furrkids is always such a great fill for the heart though.
It's been about 10 weeks since Mason's surgery and I took him to the barn the other day
Can't you just see his eyes are saying "NO WAY...DO I REALLY GETS TO GO!?!!!"
 So cute that Laz comes up to greet me when I arrive (sometimes!)
He's been a little stiffer than normal, so the movement for him is so great.
I wish I could fill the one track with pea gravel to help stimulate hoof growth and natural wear
It's about an acre long and would help tremendously, but maybe in the future...
Do you see an extra little body back there!?
It's adorable Pito, the BO's 13 yr old OTTB baby. 
He's been at her show barn being leased out and is home for a little break. 
He is an angel boy in sweetness and soooo pretty.
Right now he's odd man out, as Laz and Justin have morphed into one being.
Wahooooooooo!
Things are right again-Mason was even happy to see Laz and Laz seemed to remember Mason with no issue as Mason ran under his tail at one point (lord!!)
 Happy, happy boy!
 Some quiet QT with the boys in the shade
 Of course, after a nice grooming, Laz wants to roll away any evidence that he's cared for, with a good sand roll
 Romper room with Justin
 Laz's signature moonwalk "get off me" backward maneuver 
It's funny how fast they can move backwards!
I think he's adapted this move by protecting his hind end and not wanting to kick out.

Mason chilling in the shade being it was 90 degrees
He was TIRED but so happy to be back at the barn.
A Lab with a toy in his mouth=happy Lab
Guess what?! 
I get to barn sit for a week starting tomorrow.
Lots of good time with Laz which is perfect timing and they aren't charging me board this month 
Score. 
$$ to put towards Vet bill.
 Tired and thankful eyes.
I'll be bringing Mason with me 2-3 times a week to build him back up and weather permitting
I have our appointment for Laz tomorrow (Saturday morning) for digital xrays (hinds as on now, only) and ultrasounds.  With that information, a trimming set up should hopefully start making new head way.  He's looking more stiff to me lately and I want to get to the bottom of it.  
Plus it's good to compare to our last Rads in November to see if sole growth has improved.

12 comments:

  1. Man, I wish I had an I-phone to take pictures with! And then be able to photo document so much also!! Love it! Looked like a super fun wedding! And wow, Africa! How cool!!! Man, barn sit and free board!! How AWESOME is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SWEET!!!!! I am glad Mason is back to his running self!!! Well welcome home we missed you guys!!! XOXXOOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wedding looks like it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool wedding place! It is beautiful there!
    Wow, so much has happened! Mason is looking great and I am glad he is feeling much better!
    Laz is super cute, as usual :) I love his "moonwalk"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading this post made me so jealous! Sounds like you guys had a ton of fun at the wedding and congrats on barn sitting, I would love to do that one day :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, those pictures are amazing! You and your sister and just beautiful and the wedding looked magnificent! Congratulations :)

    It's good to see sweet Mason is doing well; Laz looks great and things seem wonderful for you! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your pictures! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back and thank you for sharing! Those photos are amazing. Congratulations to your sister and new husband. Of course I just adore the giraffe. How cool is that? Love to Laz and Mason - I bet they are sooooo glad you guys are back! Have fun barn sitting! That will be a blast for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back! The wedding looked amazing! And what a great location!!! :)

    Oh man your puppy is way to cute! Love the one with the two fur kids together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg I want to go to SA!!!! Great pics! Good luck w Laz & your appointment! Keep us updated (duh, I know you will!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wedding and scenery looked amazing! It must be difficult having your sister so far away, if she lives out there that is.

    Glad your pup is feeling better. Laz looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bah! I just honeymooned with my guy in Tanzania (north.. but STILL) the scenery and wildlife totally won me over. I'm convinced that my next 8,000 vacations will be back to Africa... what a wonderful family adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful wedding! And yay Mason!
    So for sole growth, (I think I mentioned this before but it's so awesome that it bears repeating) Formula 4 Feet by Equi Life has been the BEST thing I could ever buy for my mare. She spent 9 years with low-to-no soles; we're on our 2nd bag of the supplement and trimmings have had to be pushed from the usual 6-7 weeks to now 4-5 weeks!!! Her hooves are changing so rapidly. I am not affiliated with this company but I urge you to check it out for Laz. Feel free to email me at imashopper@comcast.net if you want more info or just to hear me gloat :)

    ReplyDelete