About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Vidal Lazzoon

Now that summer is officially here, I see on many of your blogs, the topic of mane cutting, roaching, pulling, tweezing, plucking, brushing, waxing, shaping, etc. 
( I tease about the tweezing and waxing...at least for now)
Well...some of you have opted for the always fierce and in yo' face baddazz ROACH.
Gogo is rocking it
Salem is doin' it
Who else am I missing?
Take the plunge...it's fun and uber chic on a horse. 
We loved ours last summer

Here is Laz last July, freshly shorn

 Here it is grown out a bit...in October (I didn't touch it again once since the original)
 Here is the fallen roach this past December 


So..........what to do this year?
Well, for now...we channel inspiration from the warm Islands...

Irie Mon!!!

Yes, the little Rastafarian is eating grass (not smoking it)....more on that in the next post.

8 comments:

  1. Rofl @ RastaLaz! Now when he's being slightly naughty, you can yell, "Jamaican me crazy!!" Hahahaha.
    Oooooo, are those plastic bags on the back feet? Do I see a White Lightning treatment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I leave my manes long - like them that way and love brushing them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like long manes - even my husband Brian has long flowing locks! I think that the mane helps insulate against the heat and keeps the bugs at bay. Pie's foretop looks positively barbaric but the bugs do not touch his eyes. I brush manes and foretops and tails out daily, but they still look wild!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Laz! I love how dorky they all look when you braid their manes like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like short manes--less to get tangled in the reins while riding. Plus, you have to admit that Salem and Gogo are just flat sexy. If I didn't need Izzy's mane to grab while jumping, it'd be gone too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I love a main, and I LOVE his braids!! They do sell multi colored beads you know...just sayin':)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Frizzle's comment - made me giggle! I wish Tiny's mane grew that fast - it's only about 4 inches long from where she rubbed it out last summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the braids and second the beads hehe. :D

    I'm curious about the bags too, but I'm guessing that's in the next post.

    I love long manes, but since Chrome keeps rubbing his out and it's just plain thin and scraggly that I'm seriously thinking of pulling it . . .

    ReplyDelete