About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Monday, May 24, 2010

1st bath of 2010

As you can see, Mason is comfortable around Laz when he's quiet and calm.  This was taken after our walk down the road, with BO "C" and Ellie.  Both did great but we came across a neighbor who was cleaning out around the bed of her large pine tree and the horses we CONVINCED we were going to be eaten.  Laz blew back and almost out of my hands on a loose line (loving the loose line btw) and his body language was "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES...I SEE A HORSE EATING MONSTER HIDING!!!!!!!!!!!!"  It took 3-4 times walking back and forth and finally up the women's driveway to show them, we were all safe.  They ended up handling it well.  I'm pretty sure if I was on Laz's back, I would have road rash from being dumped at a super speed.  Ugh.

Calm boy who is learning to stand nice when ground tied and when post tied (safety knots of course)
1st bath since...? September maybe? I scrubbbbed him so clean and we washed his DISGUSTING sheath  and cleaned him thoroughly.  Very satisfying, and I'm sure it felt good for him.  The last deep cleaning bath I gave him, he was very anxious and spooky.  Yesterday, he did very, very well and I even found a sweet itchy spot where he spread out his legs and camel lipped in enjoyment. LOL!

I love how dark he looks when his wet...like Chocolate Metallic


Next up for a bathing, was Jessie.  
She is Ellie's Mom and has the most unique coloring that is not really captured here. She has a red dun stripe down her back, tiger stripes on her legs and shoulders.  
She is a total Barbie Dream horse.

The Beast was quite hungry after our day...what? Go three hours without eating?! The torture.

Here is his "tunnel vision" face.  
He was listening and watching Jessie blast from her paddock out to pasture

This is a cute video of Ellie and Laz enjoying a drink from his paddocks trough after our walk

4 comments:

  1. That video is sooooo cute. Laz and his girl sharing a drink. If that were Sovey, one foot would be in there splashing! Laz is such a good boy. Glad the bath went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the first bath of the year, getting all that crud from winter off. Laz seems to be staying cleaner longer than any of mine are able too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks wonderful! The new treatment plan is definitely agreeing with him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lAz, eye Seez yous flirtin with her. Wez are DoN! Iz doNT SharZE. -dENali

    (Laz, sorry, i didn't mean for that to happen. She asked to see your picture so I showed her your blog in her stall.She'll get over it!)

    ReplyDelete