About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Celebrating the little victories!

So with this roller coaster ride that I'm on, I'm learning to ease my white knuckled grip and enjoy the FUN parts of this ride. When Lazarus is feeling good, I feel great, successful, triumphant and proud! 
 The two videos are from yesterday and today (ummmmm..can you see the bucking and CANTERING!!!!) video and boy was he having fun!!
It's hard not to bring him down and have him ease up, but hey, he's still a youngster (9 in April) and for his mind, if he needs and wants to play, then play he shall!  Granted I'm gritting my teeth when he does, but he enjoyed it.  
He has SUCH heart and will to live that it makes my job that much easier.

Lazarus sings "There's a hitch in my giddiyup, a hitch in my giddiyup but that won't stop me!  Walk THIS Mom, I'm out!!!"



"Did someone shake my feed cup....Hell ya!!!"

13 comments:

  1. Olly does the same thing, his lips are like a thumb and whenever i walk outside he neighs to me. I get a big neigh at feed time. I can tell that his attitude is more positive. He looks happier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's a little bucking and kicking among friends. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks happy!! It's nice to see him running around and acting like a horse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Laz is looking SO much better already! Remember, movement is your friend! All that running and cavorting around is going to help him grow in new, healthy hooves. And I'm sure it's doing wonders for his mind, too. He definitely has that fighting TB spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, someone's going to be ouchy tonight! Lol, he looks like such a ham.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go Laz! That must have been hard to watch but still great to see! He sure looks like he is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is still feeling great! No major ouchiness (althought I THOUGHT he would be) and no leg wraps/no stocking up as he is Moooooving around his whole paddock area now that is about 8 x bigger than the same 16 x 16. I have been spreading out his hay to keep encouraging his walking and he is a happy, happy boy.
    At the very least, he is being a horse and having fun with it. Yesterday he came (gimpy) trotting up to me when he saw his halter, like "Yea...let's go walk!" He is being a good boy and even did a couple side spooks in arena, so we will be working on confidence and perhaps clicker training..have to get that book that Kate refers to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blog, and a lovely horse. Drop by mine and see my boys some time (all the way over here in England!) You'll be very welcome...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laz looks like he's having a ball, for sure! Very cute. I'm glad that you guys are having a better week so far.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Autumn Mist, thanks for visiting..I've joined your blog..love your babies and HUGE fan of England's countryside..anywhere near Cotswalds?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kristen, just catching up on your posts for the past couple of weeks, so glad to see Laz is doing well! Looks like he was walking back in great after that playing which is very encouraging and must make you feel really good! So happy to hear that the barefoot aproach is working so far!

    ReplyDelete