About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Friday, December 4, 2009

Swimming pool for Laz?


No, I have not gone crazy and bought a pool for sweet sweet Laz, but sort of wish I could!
I saw this company, The Sanctuary advertise on TheHorse.com and thought how lucky for some rich horse owners to have this for ailing babies. By 'babies' I mean of the Equine sort of course!
I know Lazarus would enjoy this pool therapy for his laminitis healing, as he loooooves to paw quite aggressively at water. Well, our one and only trail ride before he got sick, he did anyway!

I hope in about 8-12 mths, when...not if!..he heals, I can take him back on a trail ride and maybe allow him to swim a bit!? Granted it's a shallow river, certainly not a salt water pool like above!

For now, instead of purchasing a pool for him (yeah like it was a reality) he has a new left shoe, so both of his back feet are suited up with her power shoes and he has given us all (vet and farrier included) new hope for a recovery! We still have quite a battle and another round of xrays to hopefully prove we are right. His blood work is back to normal, ulcers seem to have settled so he is now off Gastrogard.
For now, I'm quite happy that Lazarus seems to be accepting the shoes with a gregarious appetite and fighting to stay alive!

2 comments:

  1. That's great news! And I love the label on this post -- "All $$ Goes to Baby" -- that could be the label on my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds encouraging - keeping fingers (and hooves) crossed!

    ReplyDelete