About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Monday, December 28, 2009

Peaceful Holidays

Happy Holidays everyone!

Lazarus and I are still doing well. Meaning, he is still fighting like the Champ he is with his laminitis and his new bout of welts. I am doing well, being I still have my brown boy alive and happy. Simple pleasures and very thankful for over this Holiday season!!

Here are his welts, going down actually, since last week. We are still trying to figure why he got these itchy welts.
Look at that hay belly..so much better than his ribby look he had for a bit!

How cute is this, the barn owner decorated for the Holidays! I found it funny that Laz's was a rocking horse, like old man in a rocking chair healing! LOL!

Look at those ears, love them! "Hi Mom!"
He is a pigpen, he loves to roll, lay down and really laaaay down and place his head on the ground stretched out. He did that before the laminitis too.
After grooming him lightly (I don't want to cause the welts to itch more) I swapped out his rain sheet and put him back into his winter blanket. I'll see if this was the culprit of the welts, although I don't think it is...
Look at that calm sleepy eye and he is totally smiling!


After spending a few hours (brrrr) outside with him, Mason and I left. Look how happy and peaceful the horses are here. We are so lucky to board here.
Mason loves coming here too! He is a city living dog, but loves the country life!

I hope everyone has an amazing New Year and wishing for a GREAT 2010!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. He does look content - a happy New Year to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year. I hope Laz is doing better. The welts are nasty, but as you say, improving. He is a sweet boy. Glad Mason can enjoy his Laz visits as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks great! I hope the hives clear up soon. Poor pony. And happy new year!

    ReplyDelete