About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sir Laz


(Sigh)
What can I say? Today was great...farrier came out and re did the horse's hooves, so everyone was looking good. Sun was out, a slight breeze and about 73 degrees. Horses were out at pasture the night before, so they were all mellow and happy, happy campers.
Lazarus was an angel today!
I rode him bareback (yes with the ugly purple suede pad but sooo comfy) today. We started in round pen, just so I could see where his head was at. We trotted around for about 15 minutes and he was stretching and yawning and plugging along. No race horse today, just a sweet retired 8 yr old man that wanted to play.
So we moved into the large sand arena and worked on trotting with his bending of the neck and rounding his back, engaging his back and front ends. He was a total gentleman! Rounded up and didn't spook once today. We rode along and worked on circles and diagonals and serpentines, around the cones and over poles, etc.
A+ for him today! Just a Sir! These are the moments with him that I cherish; relaxed, riding and smiles all around.
We ended our 1-1/2 ride with a juicy apple, couple of carrots and a good grooming.

No comments:

Post a Comment