About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Our Fall schooling...caught on tape


First off, I hope these videos work out OK, as this is my first attempt to try/do this. I love video entries on other blogs so I thought I would try it out.
Here is some footage of Laz picking up his correct lead in a canter going clockwise, which is opposite of what he is used to being an ex-race horse. SUCH an accomplishment for us!
The other video is just of walking, trotting, backing up, etc etc...enjoying the Fall day and my sweet Bay boy.

Hope you enjoy!

(also...please forgive my winged out toes, years of being in ballet/jazz/dance classes...hard for my ankles to rotate in but I'm trying. It's been one year back in the saddle after about 11 yrs off.)






The barn owner where we board at, also gives us lessons and is just seriously priceless.....we owe her everything! Literally...everything!! Thank you!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Kristen- Laz is just so beautiful and you look like you never stopped riding. I am jealous of your riding area. It is perfect for your work with Laz. I am also jealous of how put-together you look. I never have proper riding attire - instead my photos look so silly with me in goofy non-riding jackets and jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys look great together - thanks for sharing the videos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys!! :) Juliette-My 'proper' riding attire is laughable..always buy my riding tights on super sale (only b/c it extends life of saddles- I've been told vs jeans that wear it down) but come colder weather, I'll be in jeans, cuddle dud undergarments, flannel, etc! In the winter, the outfit gets increasingly more ridiculous to stay warm! You'll see! :)

    ReplyDelete