About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Thursday, December 10, 2015

We moved! Laz didn't

I'm laying here in bed, with no internet or cable happily writing this. Sometimes I long for the quiet of no tv yet I'm also stupidly addicted to reality nonsense tv (Bravo and E!) the food network and cooking channel. I have my husband snoring away and my almost 11 month son in the middle happily snoozing. And I can write. Ahhhhh.
We are also surrounded by boxes! 
Boxes that we packed and brought here, to our new home. New to us but it's actually a 1977 contemporary quad. It's open and airy and there's deer that snack on our neighbors apple tree. It's in a suburban subdivision that has a huge field with a park, track and a pond that looks like a small lake. I want to bring Laz over for a day (although I'm sure the city will ticket me) but one can dream. It puts me about 15 minutes closer to the barn. Every minute counts. 
Laz is doing well. He's healing from a slip (??) and had a slightly stocked up RH leg. That hoof still doesn't have the same sole or traction so I'm not shocked he slipped. There were tons of gallop, er slow canter skid marks in their soft pasture and with this wet Spring like weather, it's that recipe.  He's fine and I cold hosed several times but no riding or any work as he heals. I won't wrap/stall because he would go bonkers town and it seemed very minor. 
We brought Stone out to visit and hopes to get great photos but he is PETRIFIED of Laz. Like shock, screamed and cried. I've never seen him react that way and poor Laz just wanted to nuzzle and snort in him. For Stones sake (and to keep his future therapy costs down) we kept the fence in between them. Come this Spring we will work on this. Hopefully my child loves horses or at the very least isn't going to shit his pants in public at the sound of clip clopping 




The night of our move-14 hours of moving!
Mason (12.5 yrs) loving his bigger front/back yard. We wish Pudgie could have come. We miss our sweet deceased Frenchie so much





4 comments:

  1. Stone definitely does not look to impressed with his giant four legged brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your sweet Pudgie :(

    Stone does look skeptical about Laz. Love the family selfie - awesome pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that's so sad that he doesn't like Laz!! Maybe it's just too soon? I think girls are born loving horses, but boys might take longer lol.

    Sorry about Pudgie. Last month was two years since Storm died and I'm still a mess about it. It's so hard to lose them. :(

    Congrats on the new home! I hope you're all settled in and enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete