About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Easy June days

One thing I've learned with Laz is, time rules all.
He just needs time to recover from his fall?slip?mystery lameness
He's got it. 
Here is he just loving life with Pito, grazing in their short field
 Tinkerbelle in all her glory. She had a bit of a laminitic episode but severely limiting grazing to short field and muzzle got her right back, quickly.
The grass this Spring has been LUSH LUSH LUSH
 The Tres Amigos
This place is really quiet and peaceful. Perfect for when your pony just needs to chill and recover
 Speaking of chilling....
 Even though I haven't been riding Laz, he's been getting just as many kisses and snuggle times
 My Mom visiting kissing her grandhorse...and feeding him organic dandelion greens like any good Greek Yiayia would. He LOVES them
 He also loved her diamond ring and kept nibbling it!
***
Vet visit #4?? Just maintenance to check on Laz and adjust plan/meds etc
This time I had my trimmer out and the plan was to sedate Laz so he could apply two casts to his hoof for support to see if it helped his lameness
I'm so lucky to have not only a supportive team but one that gets along.
It's not often a Vet supports the Holistic side but she is game if it helps her Western side.
Chiro work along with Equioox-check
Barefoot work along with turnout/rest-check
She even stayed an extra hour plus to make sure he walked off OK, which is awesome. They were both there well over two hours.
I don't know why but I hate sedating Laz..it's just sad to me. 
However it helped him relax comfortably so we could get a good strong casting on him.
His RH Hoof prior to cast/trim


 After cast...sedated potato on legs
It's been almost week in his cast and he's looking great.
We've been cleared to start riding at the walk or doing light walk/ground work
We'll take it.


5 comments:

  1. Yeah, keep healing Laz!! Yes, it sure sucks that it's warm out and our kids cannot be ridden:) Hopefully soon we can ride together again! xpx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad he is better! I found your blog through Equestrian Journey and it sounds like you and Laz have quite an amazing story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, take it!!! take it and run with it! or at least WALK at first!
    I secretly want to sneak into your house and steal that little black bulldog you have. I think he will fit in my purse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh poor Laz. Hope his foot improves with time. You take such good care of him--hope you can ride again soon.

    ReplyDelete