About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The furry babes

 Mason; he is about 8 weeks out from his surgery and healing
SLOWLY but surely
 
Trust me, Frisbee is just now a chew-on toy...NO throwing.
No more. Not ever.
Not worth it. They say he'll blow out his other knee most likely within 1-5 years so I would like to prolong that as long as I can, IF I can.
 Oh Masie Pie, it sucks getting older but he's doing great for a 9 yr old with a bionic metal plated leg
 He definitely went through a bit of depression
Now that we are able to play more, move more and take walks twice a day, he's happy again
He still hasn't been back to the barn, but hopefully in one more month!
I may only take him a couple of times a week, we'll see
His fur is taking FOREVER to grow back, poor lamb leg
Sweet Mason!

Pudgie starring in 
"How to Itch your nose French Bulldog style"
It's exhausting work
Take breaks
 
 Channel your upside down flying skillz
Snort and gurgle...
Check to see if camera is still clicking..
Use those abs and your tiny frog dog legs!
 Success! Nose itched

 And the star of the show blog!
Laz and I had a great, positive and fun lesson (what's that?!!!) last Thursday.
We worked on our Parelli while riding, trust and indirect/direct aids and all went very well.
One great thing about this training, is I can cater it to his level of rehab and my trainer is AWESOME and soooo positive.
I can't gallop him, I don't really want to canter or even trot much right now... certainly no jumping, or true body shaping dressage work but we CAN work on riding communication, positive training and trust all bareback and on a loose rein in a big open field.
Not too shabby considering.
Eating in the summer rain

I leave on Saturday for a couple of weeks for my sister's wedding in South Africa.
Dogs will be with trusted sitters, Laz is going to be looked after by BO and fellow boarder and of course, Justin his lover.
I've got an appointment when I return for a new set of digital xrays and ultra-sounding his hind tendons to see where we are at.
That information will lead us to our next few steps.
Wish us luck, that all animals will remain healthy and are fine with their vacation time off and no major issues arise while we are away. 
I do get so anxious leaving the furrkids but South Africa and a WEDDING awaits!

11 comments:

  1. I can't believe Mason is 9! He doesn't look like it at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad Mason is doing better. And I know how hard it is to go away. I promise that I will fly across the country and take care of your critters should they need something when you are gone. You have friends all over...and you are leaving them with people you trust. Everything will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO sweet!!! :) and just fyi, I hate that my computer wont let me comment on your blog!!! But I read it all the time.

      Delete
  3. Exciting! South Africa!
    Yay for a great lesson! And Mason looks good for 9!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mason and Pudgie and Laz. They all are so adorable and LOVED!!!! Lucky sweeties! Have a fantastic time at the wedding - how great is that!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pics! Hope Mason makes a full recovery and holds up for ATLEAST 5 years :) Best of luck with the xrays when you return too. Enjoy South Africa, looking forward to pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy, sweet puppies! I read your blog always and comment infrequently but I HAVE to share a product with you that I just put my laminitic -and recently grass foundered :(- mare on: Formula 4 Feet. It was developed by the head of the Laminitis Institute in Great Britain. Had my mare on it for 5 weeks and my trimmer (barefoot) was blown away by the changes. She said she had never seen such rapid growth & change in such a short time. Perhaps it might be good for Laz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! South Africa. That is a trip!

    I am glad that your pup is feeling better. The pics of Pudgie rolling are really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so want a Frenchie!!! Have a wonderful time at the wedding in South Africa - well deserved vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you come back with lots of photos of S. Africa :D Cairo says she wants to go too to see her long lost relatives.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay Mason - (frisbees aren't all they're cracked up to be).

    The Fudgie the scratching frenchie series needs framing, seriously. "Channel your upside down flying skillz"- awesome. :)

    Enjoy South Africa. Please take lots of pictures to share, and don't worry about the furry ones too much, they'll be so happy to see you when you return!!

    ReplyDelete