About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back to work

Coming back home after a vacation can feel so nice.
I love my home, my schedule, my BED, my puppies, my pony....so it's a welcomed job to return to it all
On my way to the barn, the fields that raise Sunflowers are BLOOMING. 
It's so cool to see how they change their direction, following the sun's rays.

My boy
After 2 weeks of no riding; when I hopped back on, he was like "Cool, let's go."
Awesome.
He is such a good boy and I'm learning his ways of communication a little better as well.
The other day, I started our work by free working with him in arena.
He calmly walked up to the barrels that I had set up and sniffed, rubbed on them and ...
of course, LICK LICK LICK.
He has a clear obsession of licking barrel water...just LUVS to do it and play with it.
"Are youz gunna get on?"
Back to the barrels
Working on commands
Free walk
Free trotting
Use that tummy Laz, ya!
Ugly shot of trot to walk
Walking through the water obstacle on his own accord
He always chose to trot through it which I don't have a picture of, but it was funny and awkward



Walking together
And casting away
Calling back to me
Come Lazarooooo
Good boy
After our free lunge, we rode the 'course' for 40 minutes at the trot pretending everything was a jump, even though we jumped nothing.  It helps me with my focus, steering, etc and it's fun

6 comments:

  1. I have a feeling if you ever brought Laz to a lake he might try and lie down in the water. I've seen a horse do what he does a few times and they all want to roll in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanna hear something funny? I spent all last week sharing a room with your new trimmer! What a small world it is. Trust her, she knows of what she speaks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sydney-the one time I took Laz on a proper trail ride and we crossed a river, I had to smack his hinny to cross w/o dropping in to roll. You are 100% correct with your guess. :)

    @Smazourek-what a cool, small world. SHE is the best!!! I adore her and yes, she has us for as long as she is willing to help us :) How awesome you were at the same training clinic...did u met Cheryl?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures, you guys have such a special partnership! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laz looks good. Like, actually. Not just for his condition. Obviously, I'm not seeing him in motion, but still. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome course. Looks like a lot of fun. :D

    ReplyDelete