I added a label of "Barefoot" assuming that I will be talking a lot about that as we progress through Lazarus's healing via barefoot.
So far, we are very happy.
Very impressed and somewhat shocked at times at simplicity that seems to work.
I am happy for the following reasons:
1. Lazarus is doing well, moving and walking and eating and drinking and being a happy little horse instead of a patient. That translates into not having to wrap his legs because he's moving and therefore not stocking up. Also it helps SO much with his gut, his mind, and really just everything.
2. I enjoy the fact that nature seems to be winning so far in Laz's recovery. Go nature!
3. I adore Cliff, our barefoot trimmer, who is the NICEST and most patient man. He has a kind soul and everyone feels it.
4. This treatment, hoorah, is less (and I mean a lot LESS) money vs the other (xrays, shoes, xrays, shoes, medicine, etc). Feels good to have a bit of a break since shoveling it out since October.
5. I can see his foot, it's not blocked by gel, foam, tape, shoes or anything right now. I was able to treat thrush pretty quickly instead of it being masked and I'm trying to learn what is good, normal, not normal, etc about his feet. That is VERY new for me.
Laz is happy for the following reasons:
1. I move around my big paddock ALL day and ALL night.
2. I have a comfy, cozy stall if I want to get out of the rain and take a little snooze.
3. I have created a new rolling area that has soft sand in it
4. My Mom grooms me no matter how dirty I get and doesn't get mad
5. My tummy feels better since I don't take as much medicine
6. I like going for walks again and sometimes I like to listen to my Mom when I understand her
7. Mr. Cliff smells nice and he makes my feet feel light and they don't pinch anymore
Cliff comes out tomorrow for Laz's 2nd trim.
I'm always curious to hear what he has to say. He is so optimistic that it makes me feel so good. We have been sloooowly working Lazarus off his Equioxx too with hopes he'll be off it in about a week's time. So far so good with that as well. Also, he's been 100% barefoot since Monday, no boots, and doing really well with that. It's been rainy and wet and Cliff ok'ed it if Laz seemed comfortable which he does. Laz still limps, that has not gone away, not that I expected it would so fast. Slowly...slowly but we are very happy so far.