About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Ahhh April

Oh, Hello April!
It's nice to show your 40-50 degree sun-shining face

I've been finally able to get back into a real routine
Laz and I hit the roads.
As you can see this is great footing (no really, it is) vs our pastures which are too soft right now
For a barefoot horse, this terrain is awesome to help condition and build a hoof vs standing on soft snow/mud/grass 
 Laz's eye says "Cookie?!"
Nope, just a photo of us enjoying our first ride this Spring!

Sir Laz is dropping fur in massive amounts
***
 Another day, we hit the roads and I didn't have Mason so I went a little further.
Mason turns 11 soon and I limit our distance for his comfort when he joins our rides.
 On this ride, Laz was a bit spooky. I am trying to use more approach/retreat for his comfort instead of push/push/push.
There were kids playing, dogs barking, people out in their yards working...so it was great exposure.
He got lots of pats, and treats 

 I can't blame him, he's been stuck in his pasture due to this crazy amount of snow for months!!
 Back home=hog heaven
 ***
Another day I came to alternate my riding with ground work.
I found this snoozing ponerton.
Put a bow on it!!
I couldn't resist curling into him for some napping photos

 The photo is the best..not sure what each of us is doing, ha!!
 Off we went on a walk to 'play'
I want him to think his rides are fun, as well as working on ground work
I've been encouraging water play...
 It's going well.
 He's learned that if he splashes, he gets a cookie, or a 'good boy' or a pat, or all 3
 By the way, this puddle was actually a HUGE pile of snow two days earlier.
It's dried up now...
 Mason rolls in snow enjoying the last of it
 Our muddy toes and reflection

3 comments:

  1. I love the tongue shots hehe! I'm glad you're finally getting to ride. I'm really hoping this rain stops soon so I can get back to riding too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's why you've been so quiet. Not much to do when you're buried in snow. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Under Armour hat too! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete