About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Monday, March 24, 2014

Oh hello March!

March.
It's one of my favorite months because it's Spring. Even though it's still 26 out with slushy mud/snow...it's Spring dammit!
And it's my birthday month, and it's the promise of warm weather and Easter candy to come!
 Laz's RH hoof update. 
March 2014 below
Jan 2011 below
Snails pace but we are getting there.
Boy, I look at these photos now and can't not believe about the heel.....what in the F?!
Why was it not addressed? The bar...oh my. Oh well, we are here today so that is all that matters, but yikes, poor stoic Laz
***
The dirt roads are a HOT MESS. It's like driving on the moon. Bumps everywhere and pot holes on top of craters, on top of pot holes.
Here I am trying to catch a break behind a truck who is scraping the ground even, only it barely made a dent
 Since mid December, Laz has been snowed in his giant pasture. No problem for him, but we couldn't get out to play or walk down the road (forgot about riding the past few months, I think I've ridden 4x)
BUT this past weekend, with enough melt, we GOT OUT!!!
Lead the way my steady Mason boy!
 Laz was as excited as Mason and I
Lots of snorting and head shaking, like "OH YEA...I like this place!!"

 Puddles galore to play in
 Dirt road and all the YUCK
 Handsome Bubbs.
 We even played some ground games out in the big summer pasture
 And guess what fatty was all "GRAZZZZZZ!!!"
 Pito helping me groom Laz after our walk
 Mason was coated in frozen mud. It melted by the time we got home
 Each day I've gone (I've still maintained pretty much by 4x a week schedule despite this winter)
I've tried to play with Laz's brain to aid in boredom
Off the line work...
 and on the line.
He's always game for something. Love that about him
Side note, we ate amazing Dim Sum yesterday morning with my Parents 
I love Dim Sum and ponies, although not together


1 comment:

  1. His hoof has improved so much!! Laz is a lucky guy to have you! :D

    P.S. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete