About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

ThankFULL

ThankFULL
Whew! Our family Thanksgiving is always great. We gather on Turkey day and then re gather causally in PJ's, after shopping, errands, etc to re eat for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. By Sunday my pants don't fit!
Our feast, we all love to cook! 
Two types of mashed potatoes, Stuffing, raw dinosaur Kale salad, Momofuku brussel sprouts , braised fennel, sweet potato and pecan casserole, pomegranate and caramelized onion chutney, cranberry sauce, corn bread muffins  gravy and lastly the piece de resistance; the Jamie Oliver Turkey-a Kelly Bronze   

Earlier that day, I had gone to give thankful kisses to Laz who was enjoying a lazy, sunny day
He helped me refill his water tank ;)
Thanks kind Sir
We took a few nice walks this past weekend. No riding, the weather was a bit wicked and wiiiindy
But I did some major relaxing and cuddling with these monkies
 Mason is thankful for a Frenchie quarter sheet and Pudgie is thankful to lick fur
Hope your Thanksgivings were great!
xo

10 comments:

  1. Awhh, I am glad ALL of you had a great Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your meal looks delish! Sweet Potato and Pecan Casserole?! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! Glad you all had a great day/weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving - that day and all days! Yummy food - amazingly delicious sounding. Laz is adorable helping with the hose. He is just the best horse ever! Wanted to thank you for the facebook nod- I don't have a facebook account but saw through analytics that you linked to me! Thank you sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that clan can eat! pudgie is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our family makes a sweet potato cassarole with pecans, butter, and brown sugar - looks similar to yours - yum!

    Sounds like a great holiday weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm hungry now, too! I am so going to try that brussel sprouts recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like quite a spread--and it looks delicious!
    What a cutie Laz is helping with the water tank.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helping refill the water! Laz is always up to something that is 200% adorable. I don't believe I know of another horse like him! Thanksgiving is a perfect day for him. Thankful he was born and thrives.

    ReplyDelete