About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Weekly catchup

 Hoof cast #2-so far, on tight for over a week and a half 
YAY! 
Doesn't it seem that Laz's toe is non existent? According to xrays, there is actually a lot of toe.
The hoof cast is to give his sole some protection, the hoof wall some protection as it grows out.
The angle that his hoof wall is at, growing in, is always so odd. I hope this foot can grow normal one day.  The back up isoxsuprine is to help blood flow, that paired with comfortable movement is all we can really do to help set him up for success.
So, we'll see
For now, Laz seems to like his cast, so that makes for a happy horse Mom

 This horse has more heart than I could ever ask for
Cutie pie OTTB "Red" aka "Red Zepplin"
He's gaining weight nicely and slowly and looking good.
He's really winning me over. He's like a tiny, petite little OTTB that is VERY wary
 The happy little herd
 This weekend, I'm barn watching again.
LOVE doing it! Any excuse to see my horse 2x a day, yes I'll take it
This morning at 7 am, this is what Mason and I saw pulling into our barn's road
 More deer in the background. We saw a total of 12 deer
Meeting the boys at the entrace.
 They graze in one of the two larger pastures at nighttime
 The world's best helper hound
 Keeping an eye on the hay, from....??? lol
 The boys all come running up for their grain feeding
 A hosed off worker hound
 A panoramic view of the day time pasture area, natural shade, tons of room and shelter if needed.
I seriously am obsessed with this barn's layout.
Whoever was the original barn designer of the space, was a genius.
Turning the boys out to the evening pasture to graze 
Theses fatties LOVE their evening graze time
Last one out...Laz was not paying attention to the moving herd and then turned on the OTTB and came trotting to the track...
 and BOOKED it out to his buddies at a dead nuts gallop!
AWESOMENESS...this is my horrible picture as I fumbled to capture it while trying to enjoy watching him move like that in real time
Magically serene
The herd all together in early moonlight
Swoon!
When you board; and you know your horse is not only happy but fairing so well, it's the very best feeling.  It's hard to find places like that, and I thank every day that he does well there.

And, have you heard of this site??
It's HILARIOUS..and this is our entry of Pudgie
Hope it makes it! :)

4 comments:

  1. Sending good healthy growth vibes for that RH--geez, with all of your care, research, obsession, etc., you would have thought that it would be totally perfect now! ;-)
    I'm constantly amazed by the horrendously awful hooves some horses have, with their blissfully cluless owners, and they seem to get around just fine--toe-first landings and all kinds of pathology, but basically "sound" to most people. And then there's the two of us, reading everything we can get our hands on and trying all kinds of stuff, and our horses somehow always have "issues." Lol. Well, we will *both* get our boys there eventually--slow and steady wins the race, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cast looks interesting. Keep us posted, as I am curious about the cast. Know a horse that may be a candidate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your barn and pastures is heaven. So beautiful! I love the galloping photo with Laz's eyes making white moons on the image. So cool! I hope to do a moonlight ride tonight on my Sovey! I hope I can take photos!

    ReplyDelete