About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Looking back for a moment...


Sometimes, in a rehab, that seems like it will never end, it's important for me to STOP and appreciate that even with our hurdles-we have come so so far.

Laz, my official day of adopting/rescuing him in the Fall of 2008
What I owned, is what you see.  A lead rope, a halter, fly spray.
No lie.
And now, a pony...
To now, he's changed.
Physically yes, but mentally-totally.


I can't explain what I saw, or actually FELT with this every day Bay OTTB gelding....but it was major.
I knew, if he wasn't mine to love and care for, I would never sleep ok again.
LITERALLY. 
I made that decision after riding him/meeting him, I woke in the middle of the night thinking "I need this boy"

 His kind eye that he's always had...I hope that he had trainers/groomers that were kind to him in his past.  
And my beautiful boy today...
Can you ever love your animals too much?
Nope.
Photo above from Laura

"Within the warmth of my horse's breath, I will find the air I need to live today. I will find the wind to fly to the heights of my dreams and from within I will find the one I am meant to be."
~ Roberta Edstrom

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. I stop and think the same thing sometimes--if we hadn't taken Harley, where would he have wound up? Even with his foibles and habits, I love him to pieces. The best part of my day is seeing Harley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute and sweet face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The progress is incredible :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post and pictures! Laz has a face (and a forelock!) to die for. I know just what you mean...good for you for taking a step back. Just imagine where you'll be a year from now:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's crazy to see how far he's come. And it's always so encouraging to read your story and know there's others out there that have the same philosophy of making them the happies they can be. My hats off to you girl! Sorry I've been MIA - my darn work computer doesn't let me comment :( I'm still reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! You know me, I'm big on reminiscing and looking back at how far you've come. You and Laz have had quite a journey.

    ReplyDelete