About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

We are going to an Eventing Show!

Well, 'we' aren't ...I am.
I'm bursting with excitement! 
I've been asked to sell my "OTTB.Tee's" at an Eventing CANTER benefit show coming up, Sunday, May 13th!

So cool! 
I've personally have never been to an Eventing show, so I'm all sorts of excited!
If any of you bloggers/readers are in the Michigan area, the show is located at
Copper Creek Farm in Williamston
For my fellow EventerLovers, here is the course:
I hope to see lots of this, by the end of the day

Kate and Lucy
Carly and Bobby
Michelle and Gen
**None of the above awesomeness peeps live in MI, but I'm giving a visual reference!
So, if you live in MI, come visit me and stay to watch a cool show, OR volunteer to help at the show!

I think if Laz were a sound boy, he'd be a beast at XC, in the right hands.
I'm too much a chicken little rider, but this boy has heart and would be killer at it.
He loves water, is pretty curious about a LOT, and I one witnessed him jump (on accident last summer) a bank that had a least a 6 foot spread, from a stand still..with a lame hoof.
Boom! ;)
Oh well. Backyard Pony status remains! :)
Summer coat at shoulders...only.
Tired pony=good grooming session.
Too cold to do another rain rot bath, so I dabbed ointment on some scabs instead
We, then worked on walking and some games at the walk out in the big field
 "Iz tooo tyrd for gamez."
"WasssTHAT?!"
 Oh sweet boy!

12 comments:

  1. SO AWESOME!
    Jackie and I might order a few more ;) and we keep thinking of ways to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! I am a fan on FB and saw that you would be selling them at the eventing show.

      I saw a friend of a friend of mine wearing one in a pic on fb. and it reminded me that I need to order one for myself!

      Delete
  2. How cool!! Have fun at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! How exciting for you! There is a girl at my barn that does eventing with her OTTB, I'll ask if she is going to the show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Very exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really NEED to order one. I think if my husband saw one more horse related expense, well, you know but I will as soon as I can find a way. My goal will be to have one by the time I get to the Indiana Eventing Association Horse Trials at the end of May. I think your shirts are the bomb diggity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Sounds like the business is really taking off--awesome. :-)
    Hey, I bet you one day you and Laz could do a Beginner Novice course. He would love it!
    And that shiny boy is lookin' great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is just so cute, with that big, fuzzy fetlock he looks like an adorable little pony ;)

    Your shirts are brilliant, you should bring a lot with you because I have the feeling you're going to sell out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my shirt! I hope the eventing horses are a little bit classier then my goofy Gen though :P I hope you bring a lot because I know a ton of OTTBs that event so I have a feeling you will be with your target audience!

    Oh, and for those of you that have not ordered one yet you need too...it is a seriously comfy shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So great! Your shirts will be the absolute hit of the day - perfect!

    Laz looks wonderful in the photos! He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful news! And Laz is looking dashing in his smooth summer "shoulders"!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If only your tee shirts also said I <3 my paint horse! then I would have to come over hill and dale to get one! I also like OTTBs but I am too chicken to ride any of them! They are all so tall! Laz is one of my favorites! So many of my favorite bloggers have OTTBs. Have fun at your show! Maybe you'll "take us readers along" by posting some pictures of your show adventures!

    ReplyDelete