About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Playing with the world's smartest horse

Ok, ok....maybe not the world's smartest horse........



....but maybe the world's sweetest?? 
;)
This is his progression of what I'm teaching him to do, after two weeks.
Yesterday, it totally clicked for him
I am doing this to get him camera ready, for when my friend's bring their little 'horse loving' children out this summer to play with Laz

When rehabbing a horse, take the time to play.  
Mental games are great for both :)

9 comments:

  1. Smile is one of my favorite tricks. Ozzy approves :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristen, Thank you so much for sharing... just caught up with your blog. I went to Zephyr's Garden website and will order, so glad you posted the link!

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I am afraid to teach Tucker any more tricks. He still does the ones I taught him as a yearling, incessantly. Just in case anyone happens to have a treat handy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so adorable! I think you would have fun doing clicker training with Laz. With clicker training it only took two days for Chrome to learn to smile. As smart as Laz is I bet he would pick it up soooo fast! You've done a great job with him. That is absolutely adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete