About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trick or Trot

 Who could resit giving this camel lipped baby a treat?! Not I!!!

And below, the best dog costume ever for Pudgie..a Jockey outfit...alas, only available in Chihuahua size and girthy Pudgie is a bit more rotund.  Oh well, hopefully someone bought it-it's HILARIOUS!

View below for a fun video from Friday, of our trotting, bitless and bareback and how awesome my furry OTTB is!!!
Even Sat, when the winds were up, he was defintly a bit more spooky but hey, it's Halloween weekend and there are goblins out!  He did well, listening as much as he could (we had moments of disconnect) but overall I got 45 minutes of solid work from him.

Happy Halloween everyone!!!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Look at you without a saddle and bit! He looks terrific - and you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is THE cutest picture of Laz! LOL Camel lips:)

    Small dogs get allll the cute costumes...it's so annoying to me! Not that I necessarily would dress up my dogs, but I want the option, right? ;)

    You are going to have the most amazing legs and seat when you finally start using a saddle girl. You two make such a nice picture! If you two ever start showing at the local fun shows around here, you will clean up on the bareback classes:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look GREAT! Laz looks so healthy and happy :) I agree with MoM, you are going to be awesome once you get back in the saddle. I am extremely impressed with the improvement just from one of the last videos you showed us where Laz still looked a little ouchy. He is coming along sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great laz.
    They had bucking horse costumes for the dogs at party packagers. I think I might go next week and invest in one when they are on sale :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly could not resist that sweet, cute Laz-face! LOVE those camel lips, too -- adorable!
    Yeah, they don't make cute costumes for big dogs, so Sasha is going to be her wolf-puppy self. Maybe I'll see if I can get her to carry around my fake dismembered hand.
    Happy Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Halloween to you and cutie pie Laz - Mason and Pudgie and husband too! Laz and the jack-o-lantern photo is the best! Love that! LOL about Pudgie's girth size.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laz looks great! He's getting stronger and stronger. And I agree with everyone else -- you are going to have an awesome seat and leg from all that bareback riding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. bareback riding! That is soemthing I sure wish I could get right instead of freaking out at every little thing and being terrified to canter. Of course your horse is nibbling the plastic jack-o-lantern! hah! That is so funny and cute. What a curious boy he is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww he looks so good!

    That costume is adorable. My stable owner dressed her Jack Russel in a bull and rider costume. He had horns and everything with his little rider. We thought the rider did great to ride eight seconds on the crazy Jack Russel lol!

    ReplyDelete