About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Friday, June 11, 2010

Thru Mason's eyes

The life of a dog can say so much.
These animals are so above and beyond loving, loyal and kind.
I've had Mason since he was literally out of the womb. 
In college, my friend owned his Grandpa, and I got to meet all his lineage and brothers/sisters...too cute.
I picked him out at 4 weeks old and took him home at 7 weeks and he and I have had some amazing times together.  He is a true gentleman, he sleeps outside of my shower door protecting me, he lays his big heavy head on my waist when we sleep, he listens so well, he gently licks and is kind to all people and animals.  
He welcomed stinky Pudgie into our home when we adopted him three years ago and let him know he was safe with us.  Dog to Dog he helped Pudgie transition beautifully.
Taking Mason to the farm is a such a pleasure
He's my company for the two hour (total) car ride
He loves the ride, the wind in his face, to play with the BO's dogs, to run free (even though he's NEVER left us-he wanders safely within eyesight) at the farm and play.
Mason is 7 yrs old I hope to have him another 10 years (please please)
Don't get me wrong..I love our little Pudgie too, but Mason and I just have this crazy bond.
He got me thru a bad break up, lonely and stressful times, got me out of the house when I wanted to sulk to play and enjoy fresh air, and told me he loved my new boyfriend at the time (my sweet Husband now of almost 4 years).
He's made me laugh, feel secure, and proud.
I owe this dog a lot
So in turn, I provide him with a great life, the best that I can. 
I know this blog is about my sweet horse, Lazarus, but it's also about his doggy brothers and Mason deserves a righteous shout out, now and again!


Here is a new water obstacle the BO's built!  
So cool!!! Mason tested it out and yes, indeed, there is a water in it!  Mason is a true water dog, thru and thru! He was slopping in it and rolling and burying his head under the water.  Puppy Carley is so big now and she loves loves loves Mason!!
I didn't take any pictures of Laz and I going thru it but he LOVED it. 
As I predicted, when we first came up to it, he was like "UH oh this is NEW and possibly going to eat me."

But once I splashed in it, he threw his front leg out and starting pawing at it...actually thrashing at it. 
Laz too, is a water hound. HE LOVES water!!!!

We hand walked thru it and he wanted to splash and play (I'll have to get pics and video of it..sorry!!)
I had to drag him out for fear of ripping the tarp.
We had another GREAT 10 (ok 15) minute ride and rode thru all the obstacles, at a walk, bareback and rope halter with my new fun reins attached (check that place out for great deals and great products)..I'm channeling my inner Juliette
I'm so happy to say that Laz seems to REALLY be having fun and enjoying his activities.
Of course...I'm in heaven too!!

4 comments:

  1. I love it!! Anyway, you can't have a good horse blog without dogs ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, you dog thinks it's a new pool for him!!! How funny!! Not fair, I want a horse pool, LOL. Someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with JJ. Having dogs around seems like a natural part of farm life. My new dog LOVES being at the farm. In fact, I am quite sure she wants to move in there. It is so funny that you have made a water obstacle because I was thinking of doing the very same thing. I was thinking of a little narrow trench, but I like your idea better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mason reminds me of my Barney, who watched over me and mine in the same way. He lived to a ripe old age of 17. Now his great-great- and great-great-great-grandkids do the same.

    Laz is looking great. I;m so happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete