About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Curious George..er Lazarus

The many personalities of Lazarus. My favorite is his curious nature, truly..he is curious!
Here is a fun photo of after I took my 14 yr nephew riding (I hand held walk him as you'll see further below..that is it!). Although, I must say, either Laz was extremely tired that day, or he knew to take care of my favorite (ok only) nephew...he was as calm as a draft horse and as gentle as a golden retriever!
Below, was his reward... a nice bath on a HOT summer day. I have learned he loves to play with the water and slurp from the nozzle.

Oh, and when I walked away, my husband caught this photo of Laz tipping the trash over! Sorry it's so blurry..he took it with his cell phone. You can almost see the action!
Here, you can see the dirt on his muzzle after knocking over the dirty trash can and mouthing the lid...back to dirty!
Licking and poking at his new favorite toy, a cone. He likes to pick it up and shake it around and toss it! It's hysterical!
Here he is, being calm, sweet, happy... the best. Just a joy to be around
Taking my 14 yr old Nephew for a ride in the round pen, Laz stayed calm and was a complete gentleman.
Different day, actually a few months ago, of me riding and getting my courtesy lesson from sweet Cheryl (thank you x a million!) and as you can see, he was UP this day. Not misbehaving but quite aware of my husband sitting off to the side, taking these photos.
We are working and have been for the last couple months on setting his head lower, to round out his back and give to the bit. He's doing nicely now (which is not shown in the photo below), I'll have to get updated pictures of him doing that. But he tries and that is all I can ask for.

Yawning boy after spending the night out in pasture. I'm lucky to board at a facility that balances out a lot of pasture time, with full days outside and on nice evenings they sleep out in their beautiful pastures rather than in their stalls. He enjoys both and I know he is calmer when spending the night out. What does your horse enjoy?
He does have funky teeth, no? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment