About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Thrush B Gone--part 2 review

Continuing on with my review for Thrush B Gone;
After Sunday's application, I came out today (Tuesday) to check on Laz
These photos are before the 2nd application that I chose to do

Front Right Club
 Front Right Club
 Front Right Club (frog at center sulcus is where I treated as well as around white line and hoof cracks)
***
 Left Hind
 Left Hind (frog was what I treated)
***
The star of the show:
Right Hind 
(Treat entire hoof and specifically in crevices) 
 RH
 RH, it's minimal BUT (and honestly this is a HUGE BUT) I do see an improvement.
It just seems less cheesy in texture (harder for sure) and a bit more sealed...
I literally squealed with the thought of improvement.
Below image is right after I applied 1st treatment for a reference photo

 Prior to 2nd application, this is the amount that I've used for 1st treatment on 3 hooves.
AMPLE dosing. The solution is very watery, like a saline solution to give you an idea.
And it didn't freeze in my unheated barn and won't change the PH to solution (bonus for cold weather states like MI)
I'll continue to do follow up photos and thoughts...

Rain rot seemed better, I followed with a spray of Original yellow Listerine (per my vet-don't think I'm crazy because I was shocked too!) but my stinky ponyface smells like a peppermint delight!
I cleaned/disinfected all tack, brushes, curries and hoof picks for preventing rain rot from spreading.
I also cleaned his man pocket (a' la sheath) GAG with just wet diaper wipes (organic of course) 

3 comments:

  1. Hmm I never thought about using wet wipes for cleaning sheaths! Also just the mention of it made me gag too. Can't ever forget that smell!

    I'm glad it seems to be working!! It doesn't freeze? What are the ingredients?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listerine is THE BEST for getting rid of crud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are looking for thrush in horse hooves treatment in Australia, equinecare probiotic spray highly recoommend.

    ReplyDelete