About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

F.U.N.T.I.M.E.S.

When your Pony feels good and happy-YOU feel good and happy!!
Why do I suck my cheeks in? I don't know...it's actually not cute. 

What is cute; Lazaroo....

On days that I don't ride, I still work Laz. We do ground work, pasture or road/trail work.
He is still ouchy over gravel so I keep him mainly on the grass sides
"MMmmmust stuffs facez!"
We have such great grass and hay is being fed out too, but for some reason Laz can drop a bit of weight quickly in the start of Fall. Not so much as of late, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Trotting together down the road, Laz on grass strip
Yay boy!
 "Must consumes all Kaloriez lost bak in!"
 Mason can be such a good pup! Off the leash and sticks by our side
Leads the way for us
**NOTE; this is a dead end dirt residential road. I would not do this if it were not
Ride time!
 FINALLY got his name put on, I wanted his vs mine
 No pictures of this ride because I had no pockets! Boo.
BUT, we had a motorcyle pull out of a driveway and Laz just signed at it and licked his lips, like "OH I seez deez ALL da times"
The guy even stopped and said "That's a real nice Quarter horse you have there"
Ha!
After our ride, Laz was all "OK I is done wif you"
Sometimes he sticks around for cuddles, other times he has grass and friends to get back to.

Playing lots of 'touch it'
 I hope when we do get to Kensington for more trail time, he has no issues with water
He typically doesn't but the other two horses DO so we'll see if we can give them bravery or if Laz will let them decide his brain power
 LOVE this cooler Fall weather!
and apparently so does this Bay pony
(now while this looks dreamy, truth be told, his right lead is non existent currently...maybe in time)
 And sweet Mason is doing so so well and quite happy to joining in on visits to see his big brother
Pudgie would like you to know, while he's not a fan of the barn, he is a fan of naps...
and broccoli.


10 comments:

  1. Oh Pudgie - you are so adorable - barn or no barn.

    Mason and big brother Laz (the Quarter Horse!) are a great team on dusty, dirt roads. Good bay boys together. Happy, healthy Laz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Broccoli? Really? Fred wont touch the stuff and I think I'm ok with that... laz is such a lovely boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys have been busy! Laz and Mason look great!

    I like the idea of putting your horse's name on the saddle plate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute stuff all around! I too LOVE this weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could your animal friends get any cuter? I think not.

    Good luck on the trail ride, Laz will probably be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love all your creatures, but especially that frenchie. he gets me EVERY TIME. every time. what a face :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is it. I am stealing Pudgie!! Laz looks great, and even with no right lead, that left lead looks lovely! LOL at the biker thinking he was a QH. Around here, if you have a horse, it is a QH (mostly sorrel/chestnut) and if you have a dog, it is a lab (more than likely black, with yellow and brown following closely after). I have 3 non-QH and 4 non-labs. People tell me they are all the time though! (Morab, TB, App/TB/Standardbred horses and 2 pits and 2 walker hounds)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cute face shots! Hope his feet get better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you set them straight with the quarter horse thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so hilarious. I love the sucked in cheeks because they are a sign you have a totally appealing sense of humor. I think Laz is looking SO GREAT! And I am sorry that his feet are ouchie. I am dealing with the same thing. When Lilly's feet hurt, it hurts my HEART! The trick is to stay one step ahead of the pain.
    Quarterhorse? hee hee, I am a lover of quarterhorses and I find that comment oh-so-funny! I'm sure you won't let Lazzie suffer from any identity crisis!!

    ReplyDelete