About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hay Heros

With the weather NOT being 100 degrees, Laz and I enjoyed a nice hand walk.
I've not ridden him in weeks, and may soon. I try to balance my ride times with how he's feeling AND the weather. (HOT)
We road walked and when he 'asks' to walk on the grass or weeds, I allow it. 
I trust he knows his foot gauge of comfort.
We snuck onto neighbors GORGEOUS trail.
They are neighbors but are so far away, that I can't casually walk by their house (it's on the other side of trail system) to ask permission. So, we poke in there from time to time-not during hunting season of course
We stumbled across this poor Mr. Fox
What would kill a fox? Another fox?
Sad. Laz was quite the McSniffer with it.
We've had our share of dead small animals this week-no mas!
Walking out, so lovely! It's like a secret garden
And spooky being we are totally trespassing!
 We sealed up some hay!!
There is a shortage going around and prices are going UP due to dry weather.
We got 150 GORGEOUS soft, green 1st cutting grass hay bales at a good price
The bales are HUGE and heavy! 
Booyah
Fatties wanting the hay NOW
 Gotta love a delivery like this. Our new hay guy is AWESOME
 Speaking of awesome? 
My Husband and one of his former Basketball players, and his Basketball team manager came to help. They've been wanting to meet Laz too.
 They thought Laz was a stallion, lol
 They loved walking around with the horses and feeding them the fallen hay pieces
 They asked so many cute questions like: 
"Is that his adam's apple? How much does he weigh? Where does he sleep? Why is his hair like that? (referring to his bridle path)
 What is that big bubble part of his head? (his jaw) 
Who is taller, Laz or Justin (Justin)?
Is Laz a Mustang? What animal can kill a horse-a Tiger (uh ya)? Do they like living in a pack? Which one is the leader?"
LOL!!!! So cute and hilarious
 Laz was happy to be their first horse encounter
If we weren't so tired and hot, I would have had the boys groom Laz so they can be more hand's on
Next time
We also had our Ultrasounds and Rads done today
More on that to come-much more....once I get images to share

7 comments:

  1. VERY cute! Laz is such a great equine ambassador!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an awesome day! :) Yay for hay helpers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omgosh i'm cracking up about the "bubble part of his head" and had to show my husband too. that is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I loved the questions and I bet it was hilarioius to be there!

    You are so lucky to have hay helpers, at the barn I used to manage with my friend when we'd get a shipment of hay it would become a ghost town. So the two girls and one skinny hay guy would unload a couple hundred bales and when we got done people would casually come down from the house beers in hand and say "oh we were getting hay today...wish we would have known and we would have helped!" jerks...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. That hay looks marvelous! Love how the fatties were waiting for it. Hah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! I love your photos. So very sorry that I haven't commented recently. I've been reading but haven't figured out how to comment on the phone yet. Back to the laptop for this!

    First, the neighbors trails are to die for - no pun intended dear Mr. Fox. Seriously, I love those mystery trails, all the more fun because they are unknown and winding. Sigh. My dream. The more I see of your MI the more I like it.

    Love the visits to the farm by the uninitiated. Horse questions are always so much fun. Laz's horsey friend (Justin?) looks po'd in that one picture with his ears plastered.

    I love hand walking - especially in the heat. I rode Pie and Foggy, but walked Sovey today. He gobbled apples and acted like a big dog on a leash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bubble thing is too funny.

    A tree-cutting guy recently asked if my horse's buddy in the paddock was his "girlfriend", after he found out my horse was a boy. He looked really confused when I said "no, they are both boys". Sorry to disappoint!

    ReplyDelete