About this Blog

Meet my very 1st horse, Lazarus.
I couldn't wait for Santa anymore or ask one more time for a pony for my bday (after age 30 it got embarrassing). I took matters in my own hands and I finally decided to pick a pony that needed a new home. Laz found me as I contemplated with this idea. He was sweet yet very sassy, fresh off the track, Thoroughbred (OTTB).
Join us for our re-training, rehabbing from laminitis and testing all parts of mixed up horsemanship and partnership, and luck...

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Mt. Lazarus

Living in S.E. Michigan, it's pretty darn flat. There are some hills, but nothing grand and beautiful. The other day, while I was out grooming Laz and hugging him, I was noticing the fine detailing of the curves of his body. His sloping withers, his long back, his hips, his barrel, etc and thought they reminded me of beautiful rolling hills covered in streams of black icicles.


I love how his coloring even matches that of earth brown

Something very plush looking about a winter fur coat coming in

And like always, a little luck never hurt anyone! So Laz (per Vet's suggestion even) is sporting a new Greek Mati tied in his tail to work wonders specifically on his back hooves.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely thoughts and fun photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, their curves and winter coats and summer coats and eyes and everything rival any scenic vista out there.
    I hope the Mati is working its magic on his back hooves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your website by accident as I was googling "horse likes to roll in mud." (I am a brand spanking new shareboarder and a beginnner rider.) I read your blog and certainly am hoping the best for your sweet, beautiful boy. Your love for him shows in your writing as well as the pics. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete